Under heavy weather conditions we held our second Lean Coffee Alkmaar. Again Doppio was host of this Lean Coffee and while enjoying our delicious coffee we had good conversations about these different topics.
Continuous Improvement and leadership within teams are often a difficult subject. Some take aways:
- Use external (of the team) coaches
- Create a teammanifest. It helps the team to discover their purpose.
- Share best/good practices across teams
- The team should be in balance (personalities). Use Belbin, Profile Dynamics to find out.
Some teams, when starting Kanban, drop process policies. The use of explicit policies is important for all kind of reasons. We discussed about how it can help to make sure you deliver quality with your team. Take aways:
- Start with what (and how) you do now
- Use explicit policies to ensure quality
- Use short feedback loops and adjust policies when needed
We also discussed the Agile Manifesto. Some people are miss-using it. For example a team did not produce any kind of documentation. It did create lots of problems later on. Also the term “pull” is often miss-used. It doesn’t mean the team can pull (pick) anything they like from the Product Backlog. It does mean when they take on new work.
Take away: be sure to learn the team how to interpret the Manifesto.